Wat Chai Watthanaram (Thai: วัดไชยวัฒนาราม) is a Buddhist temple in Khmer style in what is now Ayutthaya Historical Park. Built by the king Prasat Thong in 1630, destroyed by the Burmese in 1767. In 1987 the Thai Department of Fine Arts start restoring the site. In 1992 it was opened to the public.
One more sic transit that has become a UNESCO World Heritage Site and a paradise for selfie takers.
The ‘Great Monastery of Auspicious Victory’ was looted in 1767 by the Burmese and left abandoned until the 1950s
when a monastery was reestablished on the site. Most of the stone Buddha images that can be seen today are relatively modern.
Wat Niwet Thammaprawat Ratchaworawihan (Thai: วัดนิเวศธรรมประวัติราชวรวิหาร) is a Buddhist temple (wat) built in a Neo-Gothic style by Italian architect Joachim Grassi for King Chulalongkorn (Rama V) in 1878. Its appearance resembles that of a Christian church, with the temple’s main Buddha image in place of a Cross. The windows and doors are stain-glassed. Above the door there is a picture of King Chulalongkorn in royal attire. The temple is located in an island opposite the Bang Pa-In Royal Palace and can be reached by the cable car crossing.
A palace mixing European, Chinese and Thai styles built 1872-1889 under King Chulalongkorn (Rama V) in Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya province.